Viewing, Downloading & Deleting Files
The My Files table allows you to manage your files and perform actions with each one. These are known as 'File Actions'
There are 3 possible file actions for each file. These are:
Below is an explanation of each file action in more detail.
The view action will only be displayed for certain file types and lets you view the file directly in your web-browser, without having to download it first. When you click on the 'view' action a new tab will open in your browser and load the desired file.
Here are some common file types that you can view directly in your browser:
- JPG, GIF, PNG and any other image files.
- PDF files - All PDF types can be viewed in your browser.
- .xls and .xlsx - Any Microsoft Excel spreadsheet files can be viewed in your browser.
- .doc and .docx - Any Microsoft Word files can be viewed in your browser.
If the file is not compatible with being viewed in your browser then the the 'view' file action will not display.
Some common examples of file types that will NOT display the 'view' action are:
- .csv files
- .zip files
- .xml files
The 'Download' action will be displayed for all files displayed in the My Files table. To download a file, click on the 'Download' action and the download will start immediately. To download a file you must have sufficient permissions from your network administrator to download files from the internet.
The 'Delete' action will be displayed for all files displayed in the My Files table.
To delete a file, follow these instructions:
- Click on the 'Delete' action for the file you wish to delete.
- A pop-up box will display asking if you are sure you want to delete the file.
- To delete the file click 'Ok'
- To cancel the deletion, click 'Cancel'
All file actions can be performed on individual files but you can also perform some actions on multiple files at the same time. You can bulk 'Download' and 'Delete' files by using the 'Bulk Actions' menu above the file table.
To bulk download or delete files, follow these instructions:
- In the left hand column of the My Files table, select the checkbox of the files you wish to action.
- You can choose to select the files individually, or bulk select all the visible files on the page, by selecting the checkbox in the blue header section of the My Files table.
- Once you have selected your files, click on the 'Bulk Actions' dropdown and choose 'Download' or 'Delete'
- Once you have chosen your actions, click on the 'APPLY' button to perform the action.
Note: If you choose to bulk 'Download' files, the chosen files will be compressed into a custom ZIP file before they are downloaded. The zip file will be called 'FDMclientPortalFiles.zip'
Here is a screenshot to assist you: