Filtering & Searching
The My Files table allows you to search for, or apply various filters to, the table to help you find the files you need. This is particularly useful if you have a large amount of files or multiple file categories.
To apply a filter to the file table follow these instructions:
- Click on the 'Add Filter' button.
- A pop-up menu will appear which then lets you choose your filter criteria.
- The menu is divided into 2 sections:
- Filter By
- Select the filter type from the 'Filter By' menu. By default this will be set to 'Author' but you can change it to either 'Date' or 'Category' if your account has more than 1 category option.
- Once you have selected your filter type, the 'Filter' options underneath will load based on your selection. E.g if you choose to filter by date, the 'From' and 'To' boxes will appear and allow you to select a date range to filter by.
- Once you have chosen your filtering options, click on the 'Apply Filter' button and the file table will be filtered based on your selection.
- You can repeat this process to apply multiple filters to the table at the same time. E.g if you wanted to look up all files uploaded by User A, between the 1st and 5th of the month you could filter by Author, and then filter by date to apply both sets of filters.
You can also search for files within the filter table by using the search box in the top right of the My Files table.
To search for a file:
- Enter a search term in the box. For example 'my-proofs.pdf'
- Hit 'Enter' on your keyboard or click on the magnifying class icon.
- The search results will be displayed in the My Files table.
Clearing the Filter or Search Options
Every time you apply a filter or search for a file, the filter or search criteria that is currently applied will be displayed above the My Files table. To clear a currently applied filter or search term, click on the small red X in the top right corner of the filter criteria.
Below is a screenshot to assist you.