Uploading a File
Once you have completed the Hi-vote Job Control App you can then upload your data files via the portal if you wish. Once the Hi-vote app has successfully sent your job you will see the Success message on the screen and underneath is a button which takes you to the File Manager page. There is also a link for this in the Client Menu called File Manager.
Upload Your File
The file uploader used on the FDM portal is an intelligent software that recognises what software you have on your PC and adjusts itself to work with your computer using one of 3 types of technology used in most modern browsers. The file uploader has been designed this way to make it compatible with as many types of browser as possible. Depending the type of browser you are using, and what software you have available on your PC, the file uploader will run using one of the following 3 formats:
- HTML5 – This is common in modern browsers like Google Chrome and Firefox.
- Flash – This is an older technology still common in older browsers like Internet Explorer
- Silverlight – The native Microsoft media plugin that allows for file uploading in Internet Explorer
The file uploader has many highly requested features, including drag-n-drop from desktop uploading, and one of the most useful features: file chunking. This allows you to upload very large files, and overcome most typical server/hosting constraints that may be in place. Other features include a progress bar for your uploads and multiple file uploads at once.
Note: When the file uploader page first loads you may see a message stating “Your browser doesn’t have flash, silverlight or html5 support”. This notice should only display momentarily as the file uploader searches for the best set-up for you and should be replaced by the file uploader after a few seconds. To see which technology is being used to power the file uploader you can hover your mouse over the centre of the file uploader and after a few seconds a message will appear saying Using runtime: Silverlight / html5 / Flash
To upload a file(s) you have 2 options depending on your browser.
- Drag & Drop – If your browser supports html you will be able to simply drag your files and drop them onto the grey area of the file uploader to upload them. If this feature is available there will be a message saying Drag Your Files Here in the centre of the file uploader.
- Add Files Button – This is located in the bottom left of the file uploader. Click the Add Files button and select the files you wish to upload.
The file uploader displays various information about your files including the file name, file size and upload status.
Once you have added your files to the file uploader, select the category you wish them to be uploaded to. To help keep your files organised there are 4 folders available:
- Artwork for Approval
- Test Data
- Live Data
Once you have selected your category, click on the Start Upload button and the files will begin to upload.
Depending on the size of the files this can take anywhere from a few seconds to a few minutes. Each file will have a green progress bar next to it.
When your file(s) have been succesfully uploaded, the page will reload and the message “File was uploaded successfully!” will be displayed above the file uploader.
There are no restrictions on the types of file you can upload.
Please sign in to leave a comment.