Sometimes, when you upload a letter to Hi-mail, you may receive the Bad Address error as seen below:
There can be multiple reasons for this but the 3 most common reasons are:
- The address entered does not contain a valid UK postcode
- The address block is not positioned fully within the Address Detection Zone
- The address entered is not a valid UK Address
These are the most common fixes for the issue outlined above:
- Check the postcode and amend as required. Some common issues with incorrect postcodes are:
- A missing space (E.g E164ES instead of E16 4ES)
- Zero and nought being mixed up (E.g using O instead of 0)
- The postcode missing or not being entered in full (E.g E16 instead of E16 4ES)
- Adjust the address box so that the entire address fits within the Address Detection Zone and retry. See image below.
- Check that the address is a valid UK address. if you are sending overseas letters and have overseas addresses, make sure that the LAST LINE of the address is the destination country and written using the internationally recognised format (E.g United States instead of US or USA).
If you still cannot get Hi-mail to read your document addresses correctly, please contact FDM Technical Support by emailing email@example.com or by Submitting a support ticket at the top of the page.