Using The Virtual Printer
The Virtual printer has 3 sending methods which your administrator can choose to activate or disable based on your usage rights. These sending methods are: Standard, Asynchronous and Automated.
- To send a document using the Virtual Printer:
- From your word editor or PDF viewer go to File > Print
- Select the Hi-mail Printer from the list of available printers.
- Click Print.
- The virtual printer will contact the Hi-mail secure servers and ask for your login details.
- These are to be entered in the following format; Account:Username & Password. Please make sure to enter your account code and username separated by a colon ( : ) with no spaces followed by your password. E.g. YourCompany:M.Smith & Pa55word.
- You can also tell Hi-mail to remember these details so that you don’t have to enter them each time you wish to send a document.
Hi-mail will then offer you up to 3 options depending on your usage rights. Below is an explanation of how all 3 options work but please be aware that you may only have access to some of these sending options. If you have been given access to Automated mode only then Hi-mail will automatically send your document and you do not need to do anything else.