Once your document has been uploaded or sent via Standard Mode you will be able to choose your sending and production options.
If your administrator has chosen to set up document categories, Hi-mail will detect whether your document has qualified for one or more of these categories and you can select which, if any applies. If no categories have been set-up this option will not display.
Select The Output Channel
Hi-mail allows you to send documents in 1 of 3 ways. Mail, Email or Local Printing. Use of these output channels is configured by your account administrator and you may only have access to 1 or more of them.
Select the desired option.
Select The Type of Document.
You can then choose whether the document you are sending is a single document, already mail-merged document, or needs to be mail-merged.
Single – A letter to a single recipient or household.
Already Mail Merged – A document that has already been mail merged to multiple recipients or households. Hi-mail will then separate the documents into individual letters.
Mail Merge – This options allows you to perform a mail merge from within Hi-mail.
When you have chosen your options, click on the Next Step arrow icon
Validating The Address
Hi-mail analyses the content of a specified zone of your document known as the address block. The location of the address block is set by the account or group administrator. The recipient address must be correctly positioned to appear in the window of the envelope. Hi-mail automatically captures this address and pastes it into that right position depending on your chosen envelope and applies the destination postal address rules.
Hi-mail will display your captured address. You can:
- Modify or complete the address as needed in the grey box.
- Click Validate to check this amended address.
If Hi-mail does not detect an address, the address is out of position, or other elements of the letter are infringing on the address block area it will display an error message.
- Click preview to see the positioning of the address block
- Enter the address of the recipient directly in the grey box.
- Click analyse to check the address is valid.
You can also save recipients in your recipients library. You can Choose A Recipient from any saved in your recipient library.
Hi-mail allows you to add attachments to your documents which will be printed at the same time as your main document.
- Choose a document to attach from the My Library section or the Account Library section.
- You can upload attachments by clicking Import and selecting the document.
- You can add and save attachments to your library to use again and save time next time you need the attachment.
- Attachments can also be automatically added through document categorisation.
The document parameters allow you to choose your mailing and production options.
- Document Name – The document name is set by default by the name of the file you upload but it can be changed if required.
- E-Stationery – You can select a letterhead from your document library if required.
- Mailing Date – As standard anything uploaded to Hi-mail before 3pm will be processed and printed the same day but if a delayed mailing date is required please enter this here.
- Print Mode – Choose whether you’d like your letter printed single sided (Simplex) or double sided (duplex).
- Colour – Select colour of black and white printing.
- Paper weight – This is set at 80gsm as standard and cannot be changed.
- Envelope Type – Select the type of envelope you require.
- Postal Rate – Select 1st or 2nd Class postage.
- Add Signature – You can choose to add a signature to your document. If you tick this box you will add the signature at the next stage.
- Add Address Page – This will insert a white front page that shows the recipient’s address in the envelope window. This is only used for items that cannot integrate an address block.
When you are happy with your print parameters click on the Next Step Arrow.
If you have chosen to add a signature to your document you will now be able to add and position the signature.
- In the left hand menu section click on the signature that you would like to use. If no signatures are present you will need to upload one to your library.
- Once you have selected a signature it will appear on your document. Click on the signature and move it to the right position with your mouse.
- You can re-size the signature box using the 8 anchor points around the edge of the signature box.
- Click on the C at the top of the document window to edit the size of the signature. Click the +Magnifying glass to increase the size and the -Magnifying glass to decrease the size.
- Click and drag the signature into position within the box.
- When you are finished re-sizing the signature click on the Z icon.
- When you are finished editing your signature, click on the Next Step arrow.
Validate Your Order
Validating an order triggers the print and postal production or e-delivery. If you are not 100% sure that you want the document to be printed or delivered do not validate your order. You can navigate away from this screen using the main menu and return here by finding the order in your Pending Mail section.
The summary screen allows you to double check your document and settings before the document is sent.
- Click Preview PDF in the document preview window to see your document as it will be printed. This includes attachments, signatures, letterheads, address block and OMR clear zones highlighted.
- You can save these print parameters if they will be used frequently to save you time later.
- When you are happy for your order to be printed or sent click on the Validate tick.
Note: Some users may not have validation rights as a manager or administrator may have to approve documents prior to them being sent. If you do not have sufficient rights to validate documents you will see an error message saying that you are not authorised to validate documents.