The FDM portal has been designed to allow you to have multiple users with a shared access to a single account. The system works by assigning a master user who can then add staff members to their account. Staff member shave most of the same rights as the master user with a few exceptions.
To view your existing staff members:
- Click on the link Staff Members in the Client Menu.
- A list of your current staff members will be displayed.
- The list displays the username, actual name, email address, status* and and available actions.
- The actions available for each staff member are:
- Edit – Edit the staff members details including name, email address & password.
- Delete – Delete the staff member from the the portal.
*By default, when you add a new staff member they are held as “pending” until approved by a member of the FDM E-Services team. Typically it takes less than 24 hours to approve a new staff member.
Add a New Staff Member
To add a new staff member click on the Add New Staff member link in the Client Menu.
Enter the required information for the member of staff you wish to add.
The fields include:
- Staff Login – This will be their username when logging in to the FDM portal. Once set it cannot be changed.
- Email address – The staff members email address is required to send them notifications.
- First Name & Last Name – These are not required but are advised.
- Password – Choose a password for your staff member. The password strength indicator will advise you how secure the password is that you have chosen. You can set a generic password and then ask your staff members to log in and change it if required.
- Send Password – Tick this box if you would like the FDM Portal to send the password to the new staff member by email. Alternatively you can advise them of their new username and password in person or by other means.