As an administrator or group leader within your organisation you may have been given permission to approve other users orders before they are sent to the Hi-mail servers for printing. This is called validation.
Mail that is awaiting for approval from an administrator is given the status Waiting For Validation. Applying this function is useful for organisations who wish to have a group or account administrator to approve documents before they get printed or posted. Organisations sending a high volume of letters may wish to assign multiple users who are authorised to approve (validate) letters as can become a very time consuming process for a single user. Lets take a look and see how it’s done.
To validate documents you will need to follow these simple steps.
- Go to http://hi-mail.fdmplc.com
- Click on Hi-mail Login in the top menu.
- From the I wish to… menu click Manage Orders.
- You will see a list of all of the documents waiting for validation.
- The Order Management window has various headers which help you sort the letters by: Number, Name, Creation Date, Distribution Type (Service), User, Status or Category.
- You can view a PDF of any letter by clicking on the PDF icon.
- You can view the intended recipients of any order by clicking on the People Icon next to the PDF icon.
- You can view detailed job information by clicking on the order number. This will give you a history of the job including when it was uploaded and all of the sending options selected.
- To approve (Validate) the order click on the tick icon.
- To refuse the order click on the X icon.
- You can also view the full details of any order by clicking on the order number.
You can also search through the orders using the search box on the left of the screen.