Hi-mail gives you the option to send batches of documents that have already been mail merged using Word or any other business application. Hi-mail will then separate your file and prepare an envelope for each recipient based on their address. It is important when sending an already mail merged file that the address block is in the correct position.
To send an already mail merged file:
- Upload your file using either the Virtual Printer or by logging in to Hi-mail and selecting Send a new document.
- Once your file has been uploaded, select Already Mail Merged from the Production output > Recipient. A message will appear underneath warning you that the address position needs to be correct for pre-mail merged documents to be processed successfully.
- Click the Next arrow.
- Your list of addresses will be displayed on your screen
- To preview the entire document click Preview.
- To see a summary of the pages and number of recipients click Summary of the pages of the document.
- To view the address for each letter click on the Eye icon.
- To edit the address of each letter click on the Paper & Pencil icon.
- When you are happy with your addresses you can continue as per the Standard mode and select your attachments.